Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poor Sophie....AGAIN!

Tonight as we were getting the girls ready for bed Sophie went up to their room. She usually gets a wild burst of energy right before bed time and has been known to run around, jump on beds, climb up to Hannah's top bunk, etc... basically get a little crazy! Tonight was no exception (I'm sure) but as she was by herself we are not exactly sure what happened all we do know is Hannah was on the stairs and she heard Sophie cry so she told us Sophie was hurt. When I went upstairs Sophie was coming out of their room and blood was gushing out of her mouth. I grabbed her and took her to the bathroom and after the bleeding slowed down a bit this is what we found:







I had Jeremy come in and look at it and in true Jeremy fashion when I asked him to tell me how big and deep it was he told me "I can't look at it again...it makes me what to throw-up!" He gets a little (A LOT) queasy...he's not one for blood and guts! I called the doctor to see if there was anything they could do. They told me they don't stitch up mouths that I should just give her some ice water to drink not let her eat anything tonight and by morning it should be ok (or at least a little better!) They said tongues heal quickly and she should form a nice canker sore over the cut (I'm sure she going to love that!)


Here I am trying to get Sophie to stick out her tongue for the picture:






When I was on the phone with the doctor Hannah headed straight for her pad of paper and pen and drew this nice picture of Sophie's "tung" (tongue) and what it would look like with stitches:



She is a true artist...she would be totally lost without her paper and pen!



Sophie seems to be doing ok. She has tried to rub at her tongue a couple of times and you could tell it was bugging her a little bit, but she is asleep right now and we will wait and see what tomorrow holds...stay tuned!

No comments: