Sunday, August 10, 2008

Camping!


The girls love it and they are always bugging me about going so "Thanks" Mech and Chrystine for setting this camping trip up and making all my girls dreams come true! (It also stopped them from asking me "when are we going camping?"--at least for the 2 days we were up there now they are asking me "when are we going camping, again?")
We went to this really cool campsite-up North Fork, don't ask me where because I was blindfolded and taken to the secret location...really I was just in the back of the camper so I had no idea where we were going or how to get there, but I found out from my in-laws that it was probably illegal for me to ride in the back of the camper so I'm sticking with the blindfolded story!)
Anyway, once we got there we had so much fun! There was plenty to do and plenty of kids to keep my kids entertained! Here's some highlights:

There was a pond not too far from our campsite that had a rope swing. We headed down there for some fun. The kids had a good time splashing around in the water and swinging on the swing (OK, so I guess us grown ups had fun too!) Aaron caught a snake which the kids thought was way cool!









We had a good time hanging out around camp. The kids made "nature art." They took rocks and sticks and made pictures and animals with them. They played super heroes and house, climbed trees, and (of course) sat around the camp fire and roasted marshmallows!








On Saturday we went on a hike to a waterfall. The hike ended up being really steep (I had Essie in the snuggley and was carrying Sophie for most of it--not that others hadn't volunteered help Sophie was just in one of her moods and I was the only one that could even look at her!) Once we got to the waterfall it was beautiful and cool. The kids played in the water (and those adventurous ones climbed to the top of the falls!) On the way back we decided to follow the river so we didn't have to do all the steep parts going down. We had different struggles but we made it back down in one piece and all in all it was a fun little adventure!











No comments: