Wednesday, June 18, 2008

OUCH!!!

Yesterday when I went to change Sophie's bum she ran away from me (this is a common game she likes to play) and when I reached for her arm she crumpled to the floor and started crying (this is not a normal part of the game.) So as we went about the morning I noticed that she was favoring her right arm. She wouldn't reach for anything with it and she just looked weird trying to do stuff with her left arm--something wasn't right. My dad was over so we examined her and with all our medical background put together we determined she probably needed to see a "real" doctor. The doctor sent us to the hospital to have an xray and sure enough she had a break in her radius! Poor baby! & just in time for summer(stinky cast, no swimming, STINKY cast.)



As you can tell by the picture Sophie DID NOT like the cast on!!! As the doctor was putting it on she kept kicking him (and the nurse) and swinging at them (she may just be a boxer when she grows up!) When they were done she grabbed the cast and started pulling on it as hard as she could. When that didn't work she started gnawing at it with her teeth (I don't know, she thinks she's a beaver or something!) Still no luck so she started hitting me with it (Yes, a cast to the face does hurt--quite a lot!!) The doctor told me "It may take her a while but she will get used to having it on." Trusting him I dragged her out of the office (kicking and screaming and swinging her cast at me) and sure enough when she got up this morning she doesn't even seem to notice her cast at all. We always figured it would be Wynnie getting the casts--I guess Sophie's going to give us a run for our money too!!


No comments: