Thursday, July 24, 2008

PARADE!!!


What I really meant to say was "UGH, the 24th of July parade was today" in a hushed whisper so my kids wouldn't hear...BUT they knew...so we went! I'm not a big parade goer. Don't get me wrong I go I'm just not sure I enjoy it all that much...it's hot, they are long (are the shriners still coming?!?!?), they usually just consist of marching bands and cheerleaders--Go Team! (Oh yeah, and shriners--tons and tons of shriners) then I guess you do have the fire engines and police cars which are just loud and give me a headache! Anyway, let's just say I'm not a huge fan...but my kids are and we missed the Riverdale parade on the 4th (because we were sailing--much funner) so there was NO way I was getting out of this one and you know what? It was actually not that bad. I'm not saying I'm a "parade person" but I didn't really mind it this year. They had A LOT of floats...real parade floats! (they have been MIA in the 24th parade for quite some time so it was nice to have them back!) We also left half way through (before all the shriners) so...it was still long...I don't know how everyone else stayed til the end! But we had fun!
Here the kids are having fun with their garbage!...I think they were a little bored with the parade (like I said it was a little long!)

No comments: