Sunday, January 11, 2009

Eat more chicken!


I think my adversion to red meat might be affecting my kids. I don't like red meat, therefore I don't eat red meat (I haven't ate it since I was about 11), therefore I don't cook with red meat. It's not like I don't let my kids eat it when we are out to eat or over at someone elses house if there is red meat there my kids are free to eat it...if they want...which they ususally do. I just don't like the taste so when I'm trying to figure out what to cook for dinner it's not on my top 10 (OK it doesn't even make the list!) and I don't think to cook it...because it's not what I would want to eat. Well, apparently I'm quickly becoming out voted in my house. My mom had an extra ham that needed to be cooked (Well, I guess just warmed up...because they already come cooked...right...a little weird...don't get me started...) Anyway, Holly had already left moms house and I was there so I got the ham...not my first choice for dinner but I figured Jeremy and the girls would enjoy it...and boy was I right! At dinner tonight Sophie kept scarffing (is that a word?) down the ham. As soon as we would put it on her plate it was gone! Then she would scream at us "More CHICKEN!!! MORE CHICKEN!!" To which Wynnie would say "It's not chicken, Sophie, It's Turkey!" (my kids think all meat is chicken or turkey.) Total I think Sophie ate like 8 helpings of ham! I probably need to start cooking red meat for my family! It was pretty cute! Here's a little clip so you can all enjoy our wonderful dinner:



No comments: