Saturday, January 3, 2009

SNOW fun!!!




Earlier today Mechelle called and wanted to know if the kids and I wanted to come play in the snow. We were knee deep in paint flecks and wall paper scraps (from scraping the walls in the girls room) so I told her probably not today. Around lunch time I was more than sick of scraping the walls so I called Mechelle and told her maybe we could go sledding after the kids took naps. When the kids woke up we headed off to sled--it was almost 4:30 so we had about an hour before sunset--which was more than enough time for our little ones! Sophie and Preston got cold and started crying so we spent some time in the car while the others finished sledding. Sophie LOVED sledding I think I just need to get her better gloves. Her hands were cold but it broke her heart to stop sledding and get in the car. She kept telling me "Go down, GO DOWN!" Hannah and Wynnie had a blast! They were sliding down the hill on their bottoms then they turned over onto their bellys and slid down like penguins--laughing all the way! Wynnie even grabbed one of the sleds and went down by herself! I couldn't believe it! It scared me at first. She was going so fast but Wynnie wasn't scared at all...you could hear her laughing the entire way down! Hannah even went down by herself.




I have to tell you a little about the sleds we have. A couple of years ago my dad gave them to us and now I know why--you start out going down the hill fine but no matter what you do the sled will turn itself around so you end up speeding down the hill backward! The girls loved it--it makes for a fun ride (personally I prefer seeing where I am going!)




Of course the tears came when it was time to go! I think the girls would have stayed there all night if we would have let them! We will definitely go again!





Mom was nice enough to make hot chocolate for us so we stopped by her house when we were done. Even with all the wall paper scrapping it turned out to be a great day!



No comments: