Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shark Teeth!


Hannah has been obsessed with losing her teeth. It all started about a year (or more) ago when her cousins and friends started losing their teeth. Here are some of the MANY comments Hannah has made to me about losing her teeth (It is a very popular subject in our house...we talk about it at least once a day):

"Why haven't I lost any teeth yet?"

"All the kids in my class have lost their teeth"

"Mom, look my tooth is loose" said in a VERY excited voice. (On further inspection the tooth is not loose...not even a wiggle!)

"EVERYONE has lost teeth but me!"

"We need to brush my teeth more...so they will fall out!"

I try explaining to her that she is one of the youngest in her class and that she has very strong teeth and that as a baby she was really late getting her teeth in but this doesn't matter to Hannah. The only thing that matters is that she still has all her teeth.


So when she came to me tonight and told me that one of her teeth was loose I thought "Yeah right...I've heard this before" But I humored her and checked it out and to my surprise the tooth actually moved! We got excited...Hannah finally has a loose tooth! I told her to let me check it out and when I looked in her mouth this is what I saw:







To be honest it freaked me out a little bit! After doing some research I learned that "they" call it shark teeth and it is quite common. Everything I read said that her baby teeth should just fall out and then the permanent teeth will move on up into place. But for now we are having fun with it...her new nickname is shark teeth!




1 comment:

Coley Ru said...

This is hilarious! I have actually heard of it. Your girls are darling! They look just like you.