Friday, January 2, 2009

Terrible Mistake!

Out with the old and in with the new! This new year has inspired us (actually it was Jeremy.) Yesterday he was going stir crazy and told me he was going to go buy materials to work on the fence--in the middle of winter with snow on the ground--I told him I thought we should wait until Spring. He told me he just needed a project so I put him to work!


3 Years ago when we moved in I did this to the girls room:




I know, I know, I've seen the light and don't know what I was thinking! In my defense at that time in my life I:

A) was watching WAY too much HGTV

B) was suppressing a child hood dream of being a circus performer

C) was totally out of my mind!


Now I am 3 Years older (and wiser too!) and I:

A) have sworn off HGTV (who has time for TV with 4 little ones running around the house!)

B) have read Water for Elephants which is all about circus life and has cured me of ever wanting that for my life!

C) ...well I'm still totally out of my mind but 2 out of 3 isn't bad!


For the past 2 Years and 11 months I have absolutely hated the paint job in the girls room! So yesterday I put Jeremy to work scraping off the wall paper (and in effect getting rid of the awful paint job!!!) In no time at all we will all be able to sleep better knowing this awful mistake has been fixed (I'm sure it is the crazy walls that keeps Esther up at night!) I'll keep you posted on the progress!





No comments: