Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's in their blood!

My girls LOVE to draw! Love may not even be a strong enough word! They LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (to infinity plus one!) to draw! They MUST draw! For a long time now no paper has been safe in our house...the girls quickly snatch it up and fill it with their lovely drawings! Jeremy's work papers, newspapers, envelopes from the mail we just brought it...it doesn't matter what it is if it is paper they will (and do) draw on it. They even snatch paper from each other. If Hannah is drawing a picture and she leaves (even for a minute to say go to the bathroom) when she comes back Wynnie will be drawing on the back of the paper Hannah had before she left...it's crazy...it's an obsession...I don't think there is a cure...so we just keep supplying them with paper! It's an endless trail from the dinning room table (where they draw) up to the office to snatch paper from the printer! When I was down at IKEA I found this:


I LOVE this for sooooo many reasons! It keeps the girls busy drawing up in the toy room so my dinning room table is no longer the Peterson girls art studio...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that! The first day I put it up Wynnie disappeared for hours (I'm sure Hannah would spend an equal amount of time up there drawing; however, she spends most of her day at school--probably drawing!) Now instead of fighting over paper (or stealing each others paper) they work together on drawings...the paper is big enough that they can both sit at the desk and work together! The paper IS big but we just take a picture of their picture and can keep it forever on the computer without having to store tons of pieces of paper! The rolls of paper are huge (about 120 ft--I think) and are pretty inexpensive (about $5)...I think this will be a nice solution for the drawing addiction at our house!
Here's a sample or their art:

2 comments:

Mamma Hen said...

What wonderful artists they are...sounds like some other little girls I know who are also very artistic

The Bates' said...

I so need one of those!!! I get so tired of buying printer paper and trying to print and my paper is gone.