Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring DIRTY-ing!

We started the day Spring CLEAN-ing. My house is in desperate need of a good scrub! I have been busy and had a case of the winter BLAH's and have basically just let it go...so today was the day I was to catch up on my cleaning (we were almost suffocating in the dirty laundry that has piled up all around the house!) About mid-day I got a call from Mechelle wanting help cleaning off her back porch. Apparently the spring cleaning bug has bitten her as well (actually she suffers from a bad case of spring clean fever...I think it may be terminal...she is ALWAYS cleaning...and no one gets things cleaner than Mech!) She offered us lunch--grilled hot dogs...how could we say no? So we headed down to her house for some hot dogs and some clean-up fun!




The kids had a fun time with their bike helmets...they had been lost out on the back porch and we found them during our clean up. They put them on and wore them as they played in the backyard!



The kids were having fun in the dirt! They would shovel it into their pails and then carry it to the top of the play set and dump them out! Esther became a victim of this senseless dirt dumping as she fell asleep in the swing and the wind carried the dirt to cover her! I went over to take a cute picture of her sleeping in the swing and she was covered in dirt! I asked Wynnie and Bruce if they had put dirt on Esther and they told me No that they were just dumping it off the top of the play set...with grandpa's help Wynnie determined it wasn't their fault it was the winds fault!




Sophie did a good job of getting herself dirty! I was visiting with my mom and when I looked over Sophie was on her belly rolling around in the dirt! Where is this girls mom?!?!?



As we put the girls in the bath and the water turned to mud it was apparent that although this day started out all about CLEAN it definitely ended up DIRTY!!!!

No comments: