Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Let me start by telling all the mothers happy Mothers Day! I feel so much gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity I have to be a mother! It brings such complete joy to my life (don't get me wrong every moment isn't complete joy-in fact some are quite the opposite-but I wouldn't change my life for anything!) Mostly I feel the awesome responsibility we as mothers have to shape and teach our children. Often times I feel overwhelmed but I have 4 wonderful daughters and all it takes is a smile, hug, or kiss from them and I'm reminded how truly blessed I am-I wouldn't want to be any where else doing any other thing. Not only do I have great daughters but I have great examples that remind me while being a mother may be hard it IS totally worth it.
I am so grateful for my mother she is such a strength to me (I wish she could she this in herself more of the time, but that is another thing I admire about her--her humility.) She is quick to see the good in others and is always willing to help (however she is needed) even if it means putting others needs before her own. Often I think she fails to realize the good she has done and the good she continues to do--after all she has raised 4 wonderful kids (if I do say so myself) and this is QUITE the accomplishment (I can say that because I grew up with my sisters and brother--Mom did great things with us, we all turned out OK!) I am also amazed by her faith. I know taking all four of us kids to church every week by herself was NOT easy, but she did it! I'm sure I never told her while growing up so I'll take the opportunity now to say THANK YOU! Thank you for making sure we were taught the gospel, thank you for being a good example to us, thank you for helping all those you help-it has left lasting impressions, Thank You for having the courage and strength to fight your cancer because I am not ready to lose you! Thank you for being YOU!
My mother-in-law is also a great example to me. For starters she raised a wonderful son that I am madly in love with. I am so grateful that she took the time to be a mother. I'm so thankful she was involved in her children's lives. She raised Jeremy to become a man of character and faith. I have known Jeremy for almost 9 years now and I can't think of a time that I've been with Nancy that she hasn't had a smile on her face-she has an upbeat and positive attitude about life. She is also very caring and willing to give of her time and talents (which she has many!) Not only are these two women great mothers but they are terrific grandmothers. I am so thankful my daughters have such great examples to look up to.
The other day Hannah asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up (I tried explaining to her that most people would consider me a grown up already!) I told her all I want to be is her (and Wynnie, and Sophie, and Esther's) mom. She said "Oh, you mean you want to be a baby sitter." So then I got to explain to her that being a mom was SO much better than being a baby sitter! I am so glad that I get to have my family-not just now but for forever! They are the world to me!

No comments: