Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spring Clean up

Today I decided to try and get a little more order to my life. I started with my closet (believe me that was a massive job!) and I am proud to say I have rid myself of the 90's (why is it so hard to get rid of things--I'm pretty sure it's genetic in my case.) Anyway, there is 1 big box and 1 garbage bag of clothes, also 1 bag of shoes (I know I'm actually getting rid of shoes...amazing...it is for the better good, my closet is more at zen now!) I probably have a little more to toss out but I didn't want to push myself too far over the edge so I will stop for now and then re-evaluate in a couple of months. Also, I still haven't lost all the weight I want so I figure once I reach my goal I'll just chuck everything and start over--cute thin clothes!
After being a little crazy of staying in the house I went out with Jeremy to plant our tomatoes and peppers (I know LONG overdue...but it has been cold up here.) I was tired of looking at them on my kitchen counter, plus I don't think they were getting enough sun (I actually think I might have killed a couple--oops!) After we got our little "garden" planted (by the way, I'm sad to say our raspberry bushes didn't make it through the heat of last summer :( well one did but we had 6 so we are kinda bummed about that...but once we get a handle on the backyard we WILL be planting more!) we found the table Gary and Nancy had given to the kids a couple of years ago (I know, I know, we are bad parents for not putting it together for them 2 years ago but I am not pregnant this year so I plan on getting a lot done!)--the box had decomposed a little but everything inside was good. Jeremy and I put it together and the girls love it!
Hannah and Wynnie enjoying the table...Thanks Gary and Nancy!
Our pathetic little garden. And yes we already know we planted our plants too close together but we are not about to go and dig 'em all up to re-plant them so this will have to do...we never claimed to have green thumbs (truth be told they will probably all die anyway!)

No comments: