Thursday, May 8, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog?!?!?!

This has been my question. There are a number of reasons I can think of for the "not to Blog"
  1. Time-I'm not sure if I can spin another plate in my circus act of a life without letting something else come crashing down on my head. I've asked how people have time to blog-Jeremy assures me it doesn't take too much time (but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get sucked into reading everyone else's blogs--last night I spent WAY too much time doing that...I would just click on peoples links and I found myself reading about people I don't even know! I'm just going to have to keep it in check!) My friend Suzie told me that she blogs after she puts her kids to bed (since her Husband is away and she doesn't have T.V.) I got to thinking I don't have T.V. either and Jeremy is usually gone at night so maybe I can spare some time to blog then (because I'm not really sure what I do now!)
  2. Technology has gotten a little (o.k. A LOT) scary and overwhelming for me. I guess what I’m really saying is I’m getting old…all these “new fangled” contraptions. I don’t even have a cell phone. So last night as I was reading about twitters and widgets and all the other crazy blogging terms I seriously thought my head was going to explode! But as you probably noticed (because I am typing this today) it did not. Suzie has been very helpful in teaching Mechelle and I the ways of the blogger (she is our little Yoda—“do or die there is no try” right) So here I am doing. You can teach an old dog new tricks…right?
  3. Safety-How safe is this thing we call the web? There is a voice in the back of my head that keeps asking me this question (it is the same voice that tells me to shred all my junk mail, burn all my old bank statements, and not buy anything off the internet…it sounds a lot like my dad!) Hopefully my dad won’t be too upset…I’ve determined that it is probably OK to blog. I'll just make sure I only post things I want the world to know…besides everyone else is doing it (I saw so many cute blogs last night when I was lost in the “wonderful world of blogging!”) Now I hear my dad's voice saying “If everyone else jumped off a cliff would you jump too?” (answer: probably if it wasn’t too high.)

I won't bore you with the other reasons because as you can tell I have decided TO BLOG! If for no other reason than my kids are too cute not to! It will be nice to have a record of all their cuteness and now the family will be able to keep tabs on us. As my journey as a blogger begins I hope I have the determination to stick to it (and I hope Suzie doesn't get too tired of Mechelle and I calling her to help us understand the world of blogging a little better.)

1 comment:

Smile said...

Looks so good! cute picture of the girls. I'm afraid that as soon as you guys get the hang of it, you will see how much i really don't know! i keep it pretty basic, but it works for me!