Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Twins?!?!?

Let me start off be saying I am not making an announcement (although a lady at church on Sunday did ask me if I was pregnant--ouch!) Anyway, a lot of people in our ward can't tell Mechelle and I apart-they think we look like identical twins (even though there are obvious differences--I have long brown hair she has short blond hair, most of the time we have lived in this ward I have been pregnant Mechelle has not...there are a lot of other differences because while I think you can tell we are sisters I don't think we look that much a like.) Some people just have a hard time telling us apart. Once when I was like 8 months pregnant with Esther Mechelle and I were at the grocery store and this lady came up and was so shocked she told us that we looked exactly a like (never mind the 100 lbs weight difference! I apologized to Mechelle after the lady left.) She just keep looking from me to Mechelle and then back to me and she told us "You have to be twins." When we told her there is 6 year age difference between us she didn't believe us! Yesterday we were in the car and I was driving (because Mechelle hurt her ankle.) and Hannah said "Mom could you raise your hand?" So I put my hand up thinking she was going to make me do a trick or say some funny thing she had learned from school but she just said "OK, you can put it down now." I asked her why she wanted me to raise my hand and she said "I just wanted to know where you were sitting." So I guess even our kids can't tell us apart some times ! It's a good thing our husband can :)

No comments: